Changes to Amateur Radio in Australia - What does it mean for you?
Wednesday 01 November 2023, 19:30 - 22:00
Hits : 493
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) is proposing to change the amateur radio service from the current "apparartus licence" to a "class licence".
In this topsy, turvy world we live in, the only constant is change – and it is no different for Amateur Radio in Australia. The ACMA recently went on a public consultation spree regarding amateur radio addressing topics including:
- The proposed, new Class Licence Framework
- Proposed new qualifications framework
- Proposed new examination service framework
- Fees for service Cost Recovery Implementation Statement, and
- Satellite filing procedures.
Details about all of the Society’s repeaters, along with the Society’s other activities, are on the website, www.sgars.org.
Location Donnelly Park, Connells Point