The St George Amateur Radio Society (SGARS) was founded in 1971, by local amateur radio operators, to represent and support local amateur radio operators.
Over 50 years later SGARS continues supporting local amateur radio operators with;
- monthly gatherings and technical presentations of a range of topics,
- provision of training and assessment services for those who desire to enter the world of amateur radio, and those wishing to upgrade their qualification,
- support and maintenance of radio repeaters both locally and west of Sydney,
- offering mentoring and welfare support to those requiring assistance,
- disposal of electronic equipment to the benefit of members and to support the society's activities,
- encouraging amateur radio activities with a range of club contests,
and much more. Thank you to the SGARS members who continue to support the society's work.
If you are not an SGARS member, please consider joining or you were previously a member then please consider re-joining. SGARS Member Application form is downloaded here. Please complete Sections 1, 2 & 4. If you don't have a nominator and seconder to sign Section 3, your application can still be submitted to the committee either in person at the next SGARS gathering or email to